If you’re unsure about how to plan an important internal meeting or conference where employee engagement is essential, you’re not alone.
This is a common struggle for those who plan internal events and private membership conferences.
If that’s you, you’re in luck! Today we’re sharing a few key ways to increase engagement at your next internal or private event.
Tip 1: Connect on Social Media
Today, it’s all about connecting on social media- no matter what the event is.
For private events, this is still very important as it allows you to generate excitement and anticipation for the event itself.
Utilize hashtags, post behind-the-scenes photos/videos, give sneak peeks of the event space or keynote speakers, and more.
This is a great way to not only engage with those who are attending the event but also generate interest from those who are on the fence about attending.
You can also create a private Facebook group or LinkedIn group for attendees to connect with one another before, during, and after the event.
This is a great way to build community and keep everyone engaged throughout the entire process.
Tip 2: Make it Interactive
Try to get your attendees to interact at the event as much as possible.
This can be done in a number of ways, such as incorporating raffles and giveaways, having speaker Q&A panels instead of just lectures, and hosting networking opportunities.
Making the event interactive will not only keep attendees engaged during the event, but it will also create lasting impact so they’re more likely to return for the next one!
Tip 3: Get Feedback
Don’t forget to get feedback from attendees after the event! This can be done through surveys, post-event focus groups, or even just informally asking attendees what they thought of the event.
Collect this and share the best quotes with your organizing team.
Tip 4: Measure Engagement to Validate Your Efforts
It’s critical to track important metrics while monitoring engagement at your event.
As a good event planner, you need to know how to measure the success of your event marketing strategy.
Here are a few important metrics to track:
- Event registration (if event attendance is not mandatory)
- Highest Engagement Session or Speaker (based on session attendance)
- Post-event survey responses and completion rates
With these metrics, you’ll be able to see what’s working and what isn’t when it comes to engagement.
This will help you to fine-tune your event strategy and ensure that each event is more successful than the last.
BONUS Tip 5: Do All the Above with an Event Mobile App
If you really want to take event engagement to the next level, consider using an event mobile app like Yapp, which can provide steps 1-4 in a single app.
An event mobile app will allow attendees to connect with each other, interact with event content, and provide valuable feedback – all in one place.
- Social Feed: With features like push notifications, in-app messaging, and a social feed, you can be sure that your attendees will be kept informed throughout the event, even after it’s over.
- Interactive Features: Additionally, it provides a way for attendees to interact with one another and share their thoughts and experiences, providing a greater sense of community for everyone.
- Post-Event Surveys: With Yapp, you can easily collect feedback after the event by sending out surveys to all attendees. This valuable feedback will help you plan even better events in the future.
- Event Analytics: Last but not least, Yapp’s event analytics allows you to see which sponsors or sessions are being engaged with the most, what content is being shared, and more.
Overall, using an event mobile app is an excellent way to increase engagement at your next internal or private event, and it can help you simplify the challenges of communicating with your attendees, too.
Additional Tips to Ensure Your Next Internal Event is a Success
While the tips above are an excellent resource to streamline event management and ensure your attendees are engaged, there are some essential planning best practices that can help you simplify event planning before it even starts!
- Select your goals. First and foremost, you must define precisely what you’re hoping to achieve, without goals set ahead of time, you may find you’ve wasted time and resources prioritizing the wrong things.
- Build an entertaining schedule. As an event planner, it’s important to arrange and space out your activities, talks, panels, etc. in a way that keeps attendees interested but not overwhelmed. Don’t cram too much into one day.
- Identify your key metrics. Now that you’ve determined your objectives and the time frame you’re supposed to accomplish them, it’s time to consider how you’ll measure them. Decide on which key performance indicators (KPIs) matter to your team–we’ve given some examples above to help you get started.
- Determine how you’ll measure KPIs. Flesh out your KPIs and goals by adding detail about how you’ll achieve them. What steps must team members take to ensure they can actually track and measure each key metric.
Why Use Yapp For Your Next Internal Event
Yapp is an event management solution that offers the easiest way to build your own internal event app using a simple drag-and-drop editor and features perfect for event managers without a design or development background.
With Yapp, you can build an internal event app that streamlines event planning and keeps team members engaged. Aside from empowering you to achieve all the tips mentioned in this post, Yapp offers the following impressive benefits.
- No Coding or Developers Needed
No coding knowledge? No problem! You don’t need it with Yapp because Yapp does it all for you. Our simplified drag and drop features empower you to quickly add details, upload materials and plan for your event in days instead of months when working with a developer.
Yapp allows you to customize your event app, down to the logo, with no coding skills required! With Yapp, you can dedicate the entire app to events like sales kick-offs, company offsites, or internal training sessions.
- Better Team Communication
Your attendees aren’t the only ones that need to know what’s going on. With Yapp, your team members on the floor can easily download the event app and get instant updates regarding event details so they can adjust when needed to keep things flowing well.
Ready to make your next event as painless as possible? Try out Yapp today!