We’re excited to launch a brand new page type: Social Feed. With this page, your mobile event app users can not only post photos, comments and questions but also ‘like’ and comment on posts by other attendees. Supercharge your event app engagement in seconds.
How does Social Feed for event apps work?
- Event app users can post a text comment or photo from their mobile device. They’ll need to be logged in to post.
- Other event app users can then ‘like’ the photo or comment.
- In fact, event app users can even comment on a previous comment or photo post allowing them to have a back-and-forth conversation right in the Social Feed!
- Best part? Users will be notified via push notifications when someone comments or likes on their posts bringing them back to your event app!
- Finally: We get it, mistakes happen so users can also edit or delete their posts.
You can leverage Social Feed in many ways for your event. Here are some ideas:
- Engagement: Much like Facebook, your attendees will have one place in the event app to post comments and photos and engage with each other.
- Networking: Attendees often seek to network at events. Social Feed will serve as a perfect platform for event app users to network with each other.
- Scavenger Hunt: Event app admins can post clues or questions. Attendees can then respond to the post with their guesses.
- Q&A: Social Feed can serve as a forum for event app users to post questions about the event and get quick responses from admins or other attendees.
- Feedback: Leverage Social Feed as a place to collect real-time and candid feedback from attendees. This will give you the opportunity to address their concerns right away.
Can you think of other ways to leverage Social Feed to supercharge your events? Post your ideas in the comments below!