Nowadays, companies of all shapes and sizes are looking for ways to streamline their workflows to improve efficiency and productivity. In simplest terms, this boils down to either saving money lost on inefficiency, spending less, and increasing sales revenues.
It is out of that very need that container apps were born. In the event space, container event apps, like Yapp, for example, allow you to create an event app and add event information in minutes, with no coding or design experience required.
In this article, we will explain what a container app is, how it works, and the benefits to your organization for using one.
What is a Container App?
A container app is an event hosting app that holds multiple event apps, or mini apps, within it. It essentially provides a space for you to store all of your event information and materials in one place. This is especially useful for event planners who manage multiple events at once, or for those who need to share their event information with others (like sponsorships or exhibitors).
A container app works by allowing you to create an event app and add event information in minutes, with no coding or design experience required. You can also easily customize your event app to match your brand or event theme.
Why Use a Container App?
There are many reasons you should use a container app. First, event planners who manage multiple events at once can use a container app to save time and keep all of their event information organized in one place. Second, if you need to share your event information with others (like sponsorships or exhibitors), a container app makes it easy to do so.
Other benefits include:
- Cost-efficiency: Container apps are often more cost-effective since they can be used for multiple events.
- No coding skills needed: While development requirements vary from app to app, Yapp doesn’t require any prior coding or software development experience to use!
- Instant publishing and updates: With a container app, event organizers can change the app without having to wait on app store approvals, as with custom, white label event apps. This makes it much faster and easier to communicate real-time changes during your event.
- More flexibility: Container apps offer more flexibility than white label apps. This is because they can be used for multiple purposes and can be easily customized to meet the needs of each individual event.
- Can be used for multiple events: As mentioned above, container apps can be used for multiple events. This is a tremendous advantage if you host multiple events at different times throughout the year.
Alternatives to Container Apps
If you’re looking for an alternative to using a container app, you might consider using a white label event app. White label apps are software that is branded with your company’s name and logo.
White label apps require you to work with professional developers, and therefore cost more time and money to create. However, they offer several benefits, including:
- Customization: White label apps can be customized to match your company’s branding perfectly.
- Fully featured: White label apps offer more features and functionality than container apps.
- Increased security: White label apps often offer increased security since they are developed with your company’s specific needs in mind.
However, it’s important to understand that these benefits can still be achieved most times with a container app. Learn more with our in-depth guide on container apps vs white label apps.
At Yapp, we understand the events industry and the challenges of event professionals. That’s why we offer a custom event app platform that takes care of the heavy lifting for you.
With Yapp, you can create an event app and add event information in minutes, with no coding or design experience required! Yapp uses the container app approach, which means that you can easily customize your event app to match your brand or event theme.
With this approach, you can also use Yapp for multiple events. This is a tremendous advantage if you host multiple events at different times throughout the year.
Yapp’s integrated solution is straightforward to navigate and comes at a lower cost than other options. Plus, our platform is backed by 24/7 customer support. All maintenance and app store compliance are handled by Yapp. You can rest assured that we’ll be there to help you every step of the way.
Decide for yourself with a 14-day free trial.